Political climate in Bahrain

sidling

Political climate in Bahrain

Post by sidling »

Hi guys and gals!

I've just recently accepted an offer to work in a school in Bahrain, but my main concern is the current political unrest. I try not to over react to anything shown on CNN or Al Jazeera, but with the Saudi military coming in, it seems to be getting worse. The Foreign Office has advised British citizens against ALL travel to Bahrain.

What I'm most afraid of is that I won't have a job come September and I may have burned my bridges by then.

Does anyone know anyone out there and how they're getting on?
What would you all recommend me to do?

Thank you in advance![/b]
heyteach

Post by heyteach »

My advice would be to NOT accept a position unless you're going to commit. This has been going on a while, and yet you accepted the job?
Marz31

Bahrain

Post by Marz31 »

Hi

Bahrain is fine. I have been working here since November 2010 as a teacher at an International school. The protests have calmed down alot and school is open as usual.

You'll enjoy Bahrain, its a cool country. What school will you be teaching at? Feel free to email me if you have any questions or need help. I am from England.

fa05081@qmul.ac.uk
blue

Run!

Post by blue »

I taught in bahrain until the recent unrest. I woke up to gun fire and decided it was time to leave. There is no way you could talk me into going back!

The problems are not dealt with, people are still unhappy and when they have a chance things will turn bad again.

Stay away.