TieCare Worldwide Health Insurance

Yo Teach'

TieCare Worldwide Health Insurance

Post by Yo Teach' »

Last edited by Yo Teach' on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
fine dude

Re: TieCare Worldwide Health Insurance

Post by fine dude »

I'd recommend looking at reviews of American schools in Asia like Shanghai American, AES etc. under paid section as these are the ones that offer TIECare to its staff.
mysharona

Post by mysharona »

SAS hasn't used Tiecare in years, we are now using Cigna. I think the biggest difference might come in their customer service, how easy it is to reach them and ask questions or to apply for reimbursement. We've been covered by any number of providers and they don't seem to be all that different. Fortunately we haven't had to use them much if at all.
cdn

Post by cdn »

There are a few annoying hoops with TieCare, but they have been fine for my wife, myself, and our 8 month old. We had an emergency birth and everything was dealt with quickly. They have an online filing system for receipt reimbursement which can be annoying to use if your internet is slow. Outside of those frustrations it has been fine. We are Canadian and use to only presenting a health card for care/coverage, so the bureaucratic nature of filing reimbursements grates on me.
Sonnypest264

Post by Sonnypest264 »

We have been with TieCare for 3 years now in South Korea and they have made great advances in that time. The policy we have is excellent with only 10% contribution for consults and zero for prescriptions. They have covered all pre-existing conditions which is fantastic and certainly not the norm. Obviously there will be different policies so check what your employer is offering.

The service from Tie Care is much better. Their new website makes things easier although as cdn noted you have to go through the hoops of form filling and supplying receipts. To be honest I think that is fair play on their part and they have made things simpler. Some colleagues have had some pretty major requirements and have had good support from the TieCare representative, for major claims you need where possible to get pre-authorisation but again those have been accepted for the most part.
PsyGuy

Comment

Post by PsyGuy »

I have had TieCare in the past, and I liked them, but had no serious use for them. The complaints were more common for those who had pre-existing conditions and for those who had complications (the most common is child birth, which has a whole host of long term medical issues).